what a difference a TUBE makes?

2008.08.16 Thought I was absolutely satisfied with my tubes combo for my Sun Audio SV-2A3. The combo are current productions but extremely dynamic with lots'a prat, heavy bass, presence & power aplenty, they voiced and sounded unlike a flea 3.5watt SET, though lack refinement and delicate detail extension. These daily regulars are Tung-Sol 6SN7GTB, ShuGuang 2A3C and Sovtek 5U4G. The preamp tubes are dampened with herbie's microphonics-absorbing pads on titanium C-rings whilst the power and rectifier are dampened with plumber's white teflon tape.

With the extended high frequencies, refinement and delicate sonics of excellent unaffordable set-ups in recent HK HiFi Show 2008 still lingering and spinning in my dizzy head, I thought "what the heck perhaps my setup can sound just as good" I replaced the daily tubes with my stash of NOS, Tung-Sols to RCA-JAN-CRC-6SN7 VT-231, 2A3C to KenRad JAN-CKR-2A3 VT-95 and Sovtek to RCA-JAN-CRC-5U4G VT-244 and left the damper tweaks alone...refinement, delicateness, intricate details, revealing, ambience, air, clarity...



What a difference a TUBE make
Twenty-four little hours...


Brought the sun and the flowers
Where there used to be rain...



...the quartet above...VT231 extended sweet highs, VT-95 dynamics and VT-244 clarity.

You can get RCA VT231 at Ebay and VT95 at Ebay (This website's biggest source of support is when you use the links when you get anything, regardless of the country in which you live, thank you)

No comments: